Search NoSQLSolution

Tracking football with iphone GPS

4 January 2012

Over the Christmas break I had an idea -- I could track what I was doing on the football pitch with my phone using GPS. I know that the resolution on the gps probably isn't great and it may not take readings as quickly as I'd like but I thought I could get some interesting data even so.

So I tried Nike+ GPS app for Iphone (Iphone 4)

And the results were a lot better than I expected!




The totals were a little off (I'm sure that I ran a little more than 1 and half miles during the match but I think I can extract a bunch of information from the data if I can only get it into some format I can parse.

I'll try a different application next time.

I'm looking forward to looking into this in more depth!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Got something to say? go for it...

 

Popular Posts